Sunday, April 19, 2009

Starting the Stack

Weeks mileage, April13-19

Mon: 6m tempo
Tues: 4m easy
Wed: 9.15m tempo - LakeWood trail. I almost got nailed in the face by a ricocheted golf ball shanked off course, glad I wasn't 2 seconds faster, as it skimmed my head
Thurs: REST
Fri: 4m hard effort 6:49/pace
Sat: 16.1m long (2:03) - From the doorstep, West Plaza loop. It poured rain for the entire first 10 miles. The trolley trail was full of puddles, which forced me to run in the grass and jump water holes constantly. I made quite a scene at a Gas Station when I stopped for a Gatorade and stood at the counter sopping wet. The rain finally cleared down Pennsylvania Ave. I had to take my shirt off and wring it out, I really wish I had worn a singlet. My wingwam socks failed me and slipped down passed the back of my heels which caused some small blisters. Although windy and wet, I'm really satisfied with the run. I had no idea I was keeping sub8 pace the whole way....whooohoo!! Super cold ice bath felt great
Sun: REST

Total: 39.3miles, 4:54hrs

Boston marathon is tomorrow, can't wait to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment