Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my first blog. My intention here is to keep friends and family up to date as I train and attempt to qualify for the 2010 Boston Marathon while also sharing pics, adventures and who knows what else. My focus this summer is to stay healthy, injury free and build a high mileage foundation going into Fall training. My objective is to break 3:10 at the Dallas White Rock Marathon, Dec 13th

Tuesday AM-
After a hard effort 10k and strength exercises on Monday, I opted for an easy 4miler around the neighborhood this morning. Mid April and I could still see my breath at 34degrees. The wind was calm and Spring is definitely ready to pop. Today I started to plot my summer mileage plan with hopes of building up to 50-60mpw over the course of the next few weeks. It's getting hard not to 'up' mileage too quickly, but I don't want to risk injury. As the weather improves, the long runs have become addicting and I have many trails ready to explore.

Angie and I have plans with some friends for Taco Tuesday tonight, so I'm looking forward to gorging myself before a hard interval circuit tomorrow : )

Here's a little something to keep your foot tapping. I found myself in 'splendid isolation' on a long 15miler this past weekend and this song stuck with me. I think I will also include new songs on this evolving blog that are getting lots of play on my ipod. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment