Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1000 Miles Under The KC Sky

This month I surpassed 1000 miles of running since Jan 1, 2009 (1,046 to the day). Not a significant accomplishment in the world of distance running, but for a 2 year novice with a lifetime mileage of just under 2000, I'm pretty satisfied. I've consistently averaged between 40-65miles a week since March. January and February were too cold for any serious miles, and I just can't take more than an hour on the "dreadmill".

10 day countdown till Angie and I leave for Europe. I plan to make a big mileage push till then. The 2 weeks in Europe should give my legs a nice recovery period, although I plan to keep my fitness level up with all the walking and hiking we have scheduled. When we get back I've got 1 week to re-acclimate and then I jump right into the 14 week training session for Dallas. I'll know going into the training that I've put forth every effort this summer into building a high mileage foundation, and now it's time to fine tune the speed elements. I'm feeling good about it but I won't allow myself to get to comfortable. The summer work is done. All I can do now is stick to the plan, avoid injury at all cost, and envision myself crossing the finish line in Dallas in under 3:10.59. After that, 'it's all gravy'

"This is where intent meets action"

No comments:

Post a Comment